Group Operations Manager
Three things you can't live without?
1. Support from my partner and kids 2. Never ending drive to get better 3.Passion for the hospitality industry
What's on your bucket list
- Have the opportunity to take my entire family on large holiday, growing up never did a big overseas trip with my family, hopefully will get to do one with mine
Pizza, is there a more important comfort food than pizza
- What is something we might not know about you?
I started my hospitality career as an apprentice chef straight out of high school
2. Where did your love for hospitality begin?
I remember years ago during my first busy service as an apprentice chef and the kitchen was very much under the pump, non-stop. We were in deep and sinking fast, I just remember thinking to myself “bring it on” and how awesome it was fighting through all the barriers 18 hour shifts, no sleep, but seeing the end of the line and running towards it. Training yourself mentally and physically.
3. What are your career goals?
I will own my own business one day, what that will be I’m not sure yet. Have a few concept ideas, game changer riskier style set ups. You will just have to wait and see.
4. Tell us a bit about your journey with Momento so far
I fell into it approx. 10 years ago, where I started making coffees in the café at Bella Vista Hotel, thinking it was temporary until I found my next gig. I then made my way to become a duty manager, and not long after I became a Senior Manager and then licensee at The Australian Brewery.
Since then I have been General Manager at both Bella Vista Hotel and Hillside Hotel in Castle Hill, along with leading the operations and activations team of The Governor Hotel in Macquarie Park.
Shortly after, I moved into the Group Gaming Role and then onto Group Operations Manager.